Sunday, July 10, 2011

On the Water

I've decided I'm a lake person. I really could live on the water, I think. Not so much in a house boat situation, but in a cozy lake house by the waterfront with a quick walk to the boat dock so I could be on the water in no time. There is something sort of therapeutic about the rhythmic way a boat glides over the water. And to be surrounded by the beautiful rolling green hills and rocky cliffs on every side is just amazing. It was 110 degrees at Lake Tenkiller this weekend, but the water was cool and very refreshing.

We took my dad and our friend Jacquelyn (who's really more like family) to my family's lake house to get away and enjoy time together. My Uncle John and Aunt Mary are amazing hosts who let us rest, relax and enjoy the water. Oh and they cooked amazing food for us too. Nothing like being pampered a bit to rejuvenate!
Me and sweet Lucas. Although his face looks a bit serious in this photo, he really loved his first trip out on the water!
Leah and Abraham watching the geese. My girls adore this dog!
We did a lot of tubing while on the water. Even Abraham got in on the action! I will say, though, that I am SO sore already. Apparently tubing requires using muscles I never use otherwise!
Look at 'em go!
Leah and Hannah are already asking when they can go back!

Thank you John and Mary for a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Jemma Stemmons said...

How fun! You are so skinny, by the way! :)

Emily said...

Wow! Thanks, Jemma! :)