Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Last July

Later this week, we are going to embark on a family vacation.  Traveling together in the summer months has been a tradition.  And up until this year, we've planned a big trip with my parents.  Each trip has been fun, memorable, and relaxing.  This year, there will be an obvious void because my mom won't be with us.  My dad is coming, though, and I am so glad for it too.  We have all kinds of adventures planned in Colorado and South Dakota, and I am itching to get on the road, get away, and have some quality family time.

But before we leave, I thought I'd look back at some photos from last July, during our final vacation with all of us.  We kept it simple, staying right in our own backyard at Robbers Cave State Park in eastern Oklahoma.  It was simple and filled with all the idyllic things I could have hoped for-- a cozy cabin, beautiful surroundings, swimming, horseback riding, canoeing, paddle boating, exploring, playing cards, laughing, and just being together.  Let's take a look back shall we?
Our small, but perfectly cozy little cabin.
Me, twenty-five pounds heavier, and Lucas, one year younger!
My happy baby.
Grandma's Boy
Hannah and Leah on a paddle boat with Grandma and PaPa.
Sometimes I want to rewind, to go back and have things the way they were-- the way they were supposed to be.  I know it doesn't work that way, which is why I am so glad I can at least look back at photos and fondly remember our time together.  And I can look forward to making new memories soon.

2 comments:

Tandamaguire said...

Great memories you will have forever! And I did NOT realize that you had lost so much weight! I guess it really does make a difference when you see someone every week. You looked great then and now! :)

Maria Rose said...

Beautiful memories! Looks like a wonderful wonderful vacation!

I am so excited that I get to be a part of this year's trip. We can't wait!