Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Trip To Big D

After a whirlwind trip to Dallas this weekend, the kids and I are finally home!  My dear friend Nikki and I packed up our six children in her minivan and hit the road Friday morning to make the four hour drive south.  Our close friend, Angie and her husband Brian, live there with their two adorable children, Silas and Madison.  We met Angie and Brian eight years ago and have kept up a close friendship even though they have moved out of state.  In fact, you might recognize them from some of our past Lake Tenkiller trips.  And please check out Angie's blog.  She is open and honest and one of the funniest writers I know!

Nikki and I loaded up and ready to go

Five hours later, sitting in Dallas traffic, ready to let these kids stretch their legs!

An example of what we did for the next 2.5 days

My girls have become little fish who love to swim

This little guy was happy in the pool with me or swinging away in the shade

We had picnics and cookouts.

We painted with chocolate, and....

got really, really messy!

Yum!

And I even fulfilled a lifelong dream of having my picture taken with Cookie Monster!

But more importantly, I got to spend the weekend with good friends who really feel more like family.  Late nights and long days of talking, laughing and doing life together....I am really grateful!



3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Oh that sounds perfect. I am happy you had such a great time!

Angie said...

Emily I love how the cookie monster picture looks like you've met a celebrity. Silas loved looking at these pics with me!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so hot.The one f them on the tube got my cock hard.