Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Bee

Her name is Leah Rae.  Her middle name is in honor of Mike's sister, Rachel.  When Leah was born she weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds and 10 ounces.  She was so tiny!  I had to go buy a few preemie outfits to fit her, because even a size "newborn" just swallowed her right up.  One of those little preemie outfits had a sweet pattern of cute, yellow bumblebees flying around.  And from then on, I started calling her my "Leah Bee."  She has caught up in her height and weight now, so she is not my tiny Bee anymore, but she does have the energy of a busy bumblebee, so that still fits her perfectly!

Leah marches to the beat of her own drum.  The outfit pictured in today's post was one she put together all on her own.  Yes, those are gloves on her feet.  She said she liked the way they looked.  Leah does not get embarrassed if something doesn't match perfectly or if it is just all together crazy!  She is confident in who she is, and I love that about her!

Being a good friend is something Leah is an expert at.  She is loyal, and she knows how to share.  She is always looking out for others and knows how to give encouragement.  I hear her say "Good Job, Hannah" several times a day.  At school, she is like a friend magnet.  She very well might be the "queen" in the beehive when it comes to being social.

Leah has an incredible memory.  She remembers details from places we've traveled to back when she was three years old!  Her brain is always making connections.  "Mom, this butterfly is like the one we read about in The Hungry Catepillar!"  And she loves to say, "Mom, I have a hypothesis!"  When she has one of those "ligthbulb" moments her big brown eyes open wide and sparkle with wonder. 

I am so crazy about my energetic, tenderhearted, little Bee. Her unique spirit and her zest for life are true gifts to me.  And she will always know that her Daddy and I love her unconditionally.  Forever.  Gloves on her feet and all.

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Oh my goodness! I looove her, she is too cool!

affectioknit said...

Gotta love that style! You need to get her some of those socks with toes...