Monday, May 3, 2010

Lovely Weekend

It was a lovely weekend from start to finish.  We were busy, but not too busy which is just the way I like it, a perfect blend of on the go and at home.

Friday afternoon I met up with my cousin, Katie, for lunch.  We went to a fabulous new place called CoolGreens where we split a huge salad and a pizza which had figs, caramelized grapes, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and arugula.  I washed it down with an orange/pineapple/mango smoothie.  Delish!  I also got to catch up with my sweet cousin.  She is heading off to law school in New York City this summer, so I am relishing the chances I still have to see her before she starts her next adventure in life.  Katie is an avid reader and recommeded several books for me to add to my "must read" list including The Book Thief by Markus Zusac and White Teeth by Zadie Smith. 

Saturday was a cloudy, rainy day, but it ended with a glorious sunset (see photo above).  It was as if the sky had been thorougly cleaned and was all sparkly and shiny and new.  We mainy spent the day indoors just reading and playing, but Mike did manage to take the girls to a local comic book shop for "National Comic Book Day" festivites.  The girls got to meet and have their picture taken with Batman and Spiderman.  The day also included free kids' comic books, face painting, and balloons.  My girls came back happy campers. 

What did you all do this weekend?

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Figs on a pizza! YUMMMMM.
Sounds like a great weekend, and I love the photo

Jacquelyn said...

KNEW you would love the Cool Greens suggestions! Our tastebuds are still aligned. Yessss. I started training for the 10k this weekend. I haven't been able to wear heels my legs hurt so badly. That's just not right.