Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack

Did you read the title of my post in your best Poltergeist voice? If not, I'll give you a minute to do it now.......or at least say it in your head if you're around other people. :)

I am finally back to a normal routine and have climbed out from under the mountain of laundry and other chores that had accumulated all around me. Taking two trips back to back was a lot of fun, but quite exhausting too. In addition, I have two new cameras that I am messing with. I haven't uploaded any photos yet just because I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out how to actually do it! If you don't know already, I am a VERY slow learner when it comes to technology. I think you could compare me to a ninety year old grandma who calls the "internets" some new-fangeled contraption. It's bad. But I am learning. You see, Mike got a new Canon 7D with some fancy, dancy wide angle lens to use for the video he just shot. So he gave me his old Canon Rebel. I swear I look like a monkey just pushing buttons on that thing, so this may take awhile. Mike is giving me photography lessons, but they come in those short, spontaneous moments when our house is actually quiet. The other camera is a new Kodak ....... I got it to take better/easier videos. Tonight my goal is to sit down and figure it all out.

Until then, I will leave you with a few links to check out. First off is the link to view the video Mike made while we were in New Jersey and New York. His parents run a non-profit ministry called New York City Relief. NYCR is a mobile bus outreach that feeds and clothes the homeless in the New York City area, as well as connects them to shelters and drug/alcohol treatment programs. Later this month, Mike's dad is setting out on a coast-to-coast motorcycle ride to raise money for NYCR. Mike directed a video to help promote his cause, and I think he did an awesome job. Check out "Richard's Relief Bus Ride" and feel free to pass on the link!
www.vimeo.com/10699514

My wonderful sister-in-law, Rachel, blogged about our trip and posted some GREAT photos over on her blog: http://www.greendoorproject.wordpress.com/ The title of her blog post is called "Moments." Check out our huge family photo!

And my other wonderful sister-in-law, Tracy, posted two podcasts where Rachel and I are guests. We talk about parenting and marriage. They were so fun to do together. We laughed a lot while working on these, but in the end, I think they turned out pretty sincere. Go to www.youtube.com/tracytalks2u to see these (if you have some free time; they are nine minutes a piece!)

Have a great day!!

6 comments:

Tandamaguire said...

So happy you are back! Can't wait to look at the pics. You are so creative, I'm sure you will be a fantastic photographer! Great that you have a husband to teach you!

Maria Rose said...

I've only had time to watch the video of you so far. Amazing to see you talk! How strange to have a friend and only just today hear your voice!

Glad you're back!

affectioknit said...

Funny - I know what you mean - Glad you are back!

Jacquelyn said...

Fiiiinally.

hellotheretracy said...

I am so bad with tech things as well!!! I still do not know how to program names and numbers in my cell phone so I dial 1-908- etc each time. I am embarrassed to admit it but I feel like my brain can not connect the dots with tech things for some reason. In some ways I am BRILLIANT ta da! But tech stuff, a complete and total loss. SO I relate. How was great wolf lodge? Did the girls like it? What did you think? Thanks for the youtube promo. I will be checking out Rachel's blog after this post. Tell Mike he did an awesome job on the motorcycle ride promo video! Really cool.

Mocha Mama 24 said...

I got a Rebel last summer to see if I liked it and I LOVE IT!! I've been struggling with loading pictures too, because I got Lightroom for Christmas and its been taking me a lot of work to learn it. I'm too much of a perfectionist some times I think.