Saturday, February 20, 2010

Watching Him Sleep

Every night before I go to bed, I go into his room and watch him sleep for a few minutes, watching his little chest move up and down, listening to his steady breathing. I stare at his angelic face (with his kissable chipmunk cheeks) and I think about....

how full my heart is.
how incredibly thankful I am.
how much I love this sweet baby.

And then I wonder.....

what is he dreaming about?
what makes him feel happy and secure?
what kind of man will he be one day?

But before too long, he will he wake up, and I will be greeted by this sweet grin.....
and will I scoop him up, snuggle him close, breathing in his baby scent. I will do this with a grin on my face to match his.

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a sweet sweet post. I can't decide which I like the best, your thoughts or the pictures. Paired together it's perfect.

Maria Rose said...

How wonderful that you are so present.