Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grandparent Projects

One of the many things I love about my parents is that they usually have some sort of project to do with the girls when they come over to their house. Hannah and Leah loved the time when my parents created a fun scavenger hunt that sent the girls looking for clues all over the place. Just last week, my dad had a science experiment set up that involved seeing which was lighter: syrup, water or oil. He also helped them construct a "Tin Man" out of foil, a Dr. Pepper can, nuts, bolts and electrical tape (when they were going through a serious Wizard of Oz phase). My mom always has a craft closet full of fun activities like beads for making jewelry and of course lots of markers, crayons, paints and paper. I cannot even count the number of cakes and pies and other treats she has allowed them to help her with. She lets them put on one of her aprons, stand on a stool and cook with her. And just the other day I noticed a bunch of empty milk cartons in their garage. When I asked what they were saving them for my mom replied, "Your dad is going to use them to make a bowling set for the girls."

Last Wednesday night Miss Leah spent the night and she came home with one of her special Papa projects.

She and Papa made a dollhouse out of an old cardboard box. Papa did all the cutting, while Leah drew the windows and doors. And I'm sure she helped with the overall design.




I'm so grateful to have parents that are willing to make each and every visit special.

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Wow, your parents are great as grandparents!