Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stuff on My Mind

Lucas and I went to visit the girls at school today for a Thanksgiving Feast.
Little Pilgrim girl, Leah, with her friend Mackenzie
Indian princess Hannah

Wow! It is almost Thanksgiving! I cannot believe it. I'm having one of those nights where my brain is bouncing around from thought to thought, so I'll let you in on some of the things going on in my head at the moment.

1. One year ago today, I found out I was pregnant. I had been out running around buying a few last minute groceries for the upcoming holiday when I made the snap decision to buy a pregnancy test. I was just one day late, but just had a feeling that maybe, just maybe I was pregnant. So I grabbed a cheap pregnancy test along with my groceries and headed home. After everything was put away, I took the test and nearly fainted when I saw the positive sign. I felt giddy and shocked and excited all at once. I wish I had come up with a more exciting way to tell Mike, but I couldn't wait, so I called him at work and told him the good news. I don't think either of us stopped smiling for days.

2. Leah has her first real crush. She talks constantly about a boy at school named Colin. She told me, "Mom, I found the perfect boy to marry." What?! She's only 4! Ok, so she'll be 5 in a few weeks, but still-- she's so young! In the mornings before school when she's getting ready, she'll say, "Colin will think I look pretty today." And the other night the girls were at the dining room table drawing pictures when Leah proudly declared that she had drawn a map for Colin so he could find our house! When did you have your first crush?

3. I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We are celebrating with my mom's side of the family. Plus, my in-laws are flying in from New York tomorrow, so they will be there too! I think there will be about thirty people at our meal Thursday afternoon. I have a very large extended family which is fun since I am an only child. My mom is the second oldest of six children, so there are lots of cousins and now second cousins. Lucas is currently the youngest of them all, so he'll get lots of attention I'm sure.

4. Mike and I hung out at a place called Convergence the other night. It's located in The Plaza district which is undergoing a wonderful revitalization. Check it out!

5. I started listening to Christmas music this week and I can't wait to get our tree, hang up lights, and fully dive into the holiday spirit. We get to add another stocking to the mantle this year too!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and family, good food and lots of laughter. =)

3 comments:

shanna said...

I can feel your joy..it is precious! (Can't wait to hang out in a few days).

affectioknit said...

Love the little pilgrims and indians - and I'll definitely start listening to Christmas music - but not until Friday - we'll put up our tree then and I'll break out the holiday cds and then Christmas is ON...

Emily said...

Shanna, me too!