Sunday, November 22, 2009

Little Brock

I promise I have some great blog posts up and coming, but before I get to those, I wanted to share a prayer request with you all. 12 month old Brock Hart is the son of my friend Jason and his wife Vanessa. At the beginning of October he was diagnosed with leukemia. Since then, he has also developed a severe mold infection inside his tiny body. Because of this latest development, the doctors have put a hold on all chemo until the fungal infection is cured. This week has been very hard, as Brock's prognosis is not good. Please join me in praying for this sweet little boy, as well as his parents, his three year old sister Jaycie, and all the doctors taking care of him.

This family has been so heavy on my heart this week. Each time I look at my own children, I say a prayer of thanks for their health and for the opportunity to be their mom.

You can see/read Brock's story here:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/brockhart

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Callie said...

I just read through Brock's whole journal on Caring Bridge. Tears are streaming down my face as I simply can not fathom what they are going through. I will be praying for them as they continue on this journey. Tonight I am simply praying that they will know and sense God's wonderful grace. Thank-you for the reminder to be thankful for my 3 kids great health.

Emily said...

Thank you Callie! I have been moved to tears several times this week too. Lord, let us not take this time with our kids for granted.

affectioknit said...

Blessings on poor little Brock and his family - I'll pray for them too...

Angie said...

I'm praying. This broke my heart.