Friday, November 13, 2009

Dirty Dishes??

Hello! I'm still here. It has been a very busy week and my brain is feeling like mush. Do you ever have those weeks? As evidence of my mental state let me share the following story. Yesterday afternoon I started unloading the dishwasher. I had a little bit of time while Lucas was sleeping and the girls were playing in their room. When I was about halfway through unloading, a thought crossed my mind, "Are these clean or dirty?" I thought for a few minutes and honestly-- I couldn't remember. I examined the dishes left in the dishwasher and they looked pretty clean, but I rinse them off fairly well anyway, so that didn't help. The area where you put the dishwasher soap was empty, which could mean the dishes had been cleaned, or that I had never put the soap in to begin with. After a few minutes of mental debate, I decided that yes, I had run the dishwasher and the dishes were in fact clean. I think. I was so tired that I was willing to run the risk.
That's the kind of week I'm having. But thankfully we don't have much going on this weekend. It's supposed to storm and we can huddle up and rest. Ahhh....
And since I don't have a specific picture to go with this blog post, I will leave you with the image of a cute baby. Because every blog post should end with a cute baby picture, right? =)

He's sixteen weeks old today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally have those weeks, months, the last year. I put soap in the dishwasher and everything but just never started it the other day. Sigh.

affectioknit said...

That's funny - now you've made me even more thankful for the clean light on my new dishwasher...

Cute baby!!!

Mocha Mama 24 said...

Sometimes smelling the dishes helps. Not that I would know.