Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Randomness

This was taken tonight while they were playing horses and dinosaurs.

We're sitting by the fire this chilly Sunday evening and I've got lots of random thoughts floating around in my head.  Sometimes I just need an place to let them out.

* I am 11 weeks pregnant.  And right now I'm craving two things.  The first is citrus.  Especially oranges, but also grapefruit, clementines, and tangelos.  The other thing is hot fudge sundaes from Braum's.  For you non-Oklahoma folks, Braum's is a fantastic local ice cream store. Luckily we live about 1 mile away from one.  

* I finally got caught up on all of our laundry this weekend.  It's such a major task and I feel so great when it's all folded and put away.  I don't even want to think about how much more laundry we're going to have with the new baby. Oh my.

* My girls have been playing "duck duck goose" at school, but cannot seem to figure out why playing with two people at home is just not the same.  Ok, sometimes I play too to help them out.

* We've got the Golden Globe red carpet show on right now.  It's mainly background noise, but I do enjoy looking at all the dresses and deciding which ones I like best.  I like Elizabeth Banks floor length gown in "blush".  Ooo, don't I sound fancy.

* I am going to work on getting up earlier this week and to make better use of my time in the morning.  Just a small goal.  

* We went to a Thunder basketball game Friday night.  It was fun!  I'd never been to an NBA game before, and even though we lost (only by 2 points) I really enjoyed the whole experience.



* My girls are really interested in looking at our wedding album.  They go straight for the pictures of us standing behind our wedding cake and the groom's cake.  Hannah stares at the pictures and says wistfully, "I sure wish I could be at that wedding to eat those cakes."  What a funny girl!

That's it for now.  Just a little peek into my brain tonight!  I hope you are all having a great weekend as well! 

 

4 comments:

Mocha Mama 24 said...

-I wish I could be at your wedding again too. It was so fun and one of the coolest ones I've been too.
-I've never been to a NBA game either but its on our list of things to do soon. Maybe even this winter if we get good deals on tickets. I'll take a look at my blog to make sure I have things set so you can comment.
-I keep wanting to get up earlier in the mornings too but then I go to bed too late.

Anonymous said...

One of my goals has also been to get up earlier. It has been hard since Micaiah still doesn't really sleep through the night. We're working on that though!

Jacquelyn said...

hannah is hilarious!

seriously, you guys have done such a great job with your girls. my night with them was the easiest, breeziest night ever. and they should be just the right age to babysit for me one day when i have kids! :) ha!

Maria Rose said...

You won a prize! Check my post for today!