Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinosaurs


My girls are obsessed with dinosaurs right now.  Like any kid, they go through phases where they are stuck on one particular thing.  Some phases have been short lived, but others have stood the test of time. Dinosaurs are a new phase, so who knows how long this will last, but we decided to take advantage of it and go to the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman, OK. We had been telling the girls all week that we were going to go see some real dinosaur bones, and they were so excited.  Every night when I would tuck them in, Hannah would ask, "We going to see the dinosaur bones tomorrow?"  

Finally the day arrived and we had such a nice time.  I wasn't sure how they would behave in a "real" museum environment, but they were great.

The girls decided that this dinosaur was the long lost Mommy of their own toy dinosaurs.
Hannah in her little canoe.  She said she was looking for "green anacondas".  
Leah at the other end of the canoe.
 Digging up dinosaur eggs.

Well, I better get back to practicing my dinosaur roar.  And making dinosaur cookies and hugging my Hannahsaurus and Leahsaurus.  It's dino-fever around here.

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

What a fun day. Your girls are adorable!

Jenn said...

We always have fun there - glad they enjoyed it!

Mocha Mama 24 said...

I decided to join your blogging world!!
Our boys are into Dinosaurs too. I saw that our kids got the same ones for Christmas.