Friday, November 21, 2008

Colorado Pics

Today I decided that I needed to clean out my hotmail inbox.  I have a really bad habit of not deleting anything except junk. That means any little note, invite or forward from anyone I remotely know has been saved.  I flipped through 50 pages.  That's right, 50.  It was kind of fun to look back at some of the emails because a few dated back over two years ago.  There was an email from Mike containing the logo designs for P31 bakery-- a short-lived small business venture that my friend Nikki and I had put some thought into.  A note from an old college roommate whom I haven't talked to in years.  And then I found my Colorado pictures from this past January.  One of my dearest friends, Kim, recently moved to Colorado Springs and as an early birthday gift, we sprung for a ticket to fly me out to see her for an extended weekend. Another friend of ours, Susie, was living with Kim at the time, and so the three of us had a fine time indeed.   Here's a look at some of the pics.


Above and below are just me hanging out on some rock in the Garden of the Gods. Breathtaking I might add.  (the scenery, not me so much)

We had to ask another visitor to take this shot under the rock.  That's Kim's sweet little boy Jackson with us.  
Traditional tourist picture spot.
Susie and I at the Broadmoor Hotel contemplating buying $80 fur hats.  We look quite Russian here.
Flower Power at the Broadmoor.

I had never heard of the Odyssey! radio show put on by Focus on the Family, so here's my tribute to it while we visited the headquarters and bookstore.  

We laughed a lot, stayed up way too late talking, and I officially became addicted to Dairy Queen's Chocolate Cherry Blizzard.  Colorado is so pretty!  I forget this since I live in the middle of the flattest part of the country.  I had such a good time that I propose Mike send me away somewhere fun every year. I'm thinking Hawaii, Seattle, New England, Mexico, Europe.....It's just a suggestion.  

No comments: