Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby B

My amazing Baby B:  Hannah Joy.  

Hannah showing her sweet side by bringing me a flower.  
She's got a beautifully independent spirit.  I love that about her.  


A while back I blogged about my my Baby A (Leah).  Today I'm going to focus on my little Baby B. My Hannah Joy.  Also known as Banana, Banana Bread, Nanners, and the infamous Nana Bug. Hannah is my second born, but is just one minute younger than her sister.  As I mentioned before, during my pregnancy, the doctors referred to my babies as "Baby A" and "Baby B".  And like any mother-to-be, I wondered what my babies would look like, act like, and grow up to be.  I quickly discovered that my 6 lb. 3 oz. baby with a ton of black hair would be my spunky little ball of fire.  Hannah is so expressive.  I call her the girl with a thousand faces.  And she loves to act. She'll look at her reflection in the mirror and practice smiling, frowning, crying and acting surprised.  Everything with Hannah can be dramatic.  I always say that when Hannah is upset, you'll hear about it with loud wailing, but when she's happy, her sparking eyes, sweet smile and deep belly laugh will melt your heart.  Hannah loves freely.  Her hugs are strong and meaningful, and she is a great helper.  She is smart, kindhearted, and independent.  I like to describe her as "passionate."  My prayer for my amazing girl is that her passion will be channeled into good things:  loving God and loving others.  Those are two things I hope she never stops being passionate about.  


Spiderwoman.  You can see that she's been working out.

On Friday, I had my special day with Miss Hannah.  Leah spent the night with my mom the night before and they were off doing their own special day.  Our day started at 6:30 in the morning, when Hannah came running into my room to crawl into my bed and snuggle up next to me.  We both fell back asleep and woke up again at 8:00.  Hannah is one of those sleepers who must be touching you somehow at all times.  This can drive me crazy sometimes, but this morning I enjoyed just being close to her, watching her breathe deeply as she slept.  After we got out of bed, we made her favorite breakfast:  pancakes and scrambled eggs.  She helped me mix up the ingredients and she licked her plate clean.  Around 10:30 we drove down to Norman, OK to meet my cousin Katie for lunch.  Hannah was so excited because she loves Katie (a junior at the University of Oklahoma) and she was going to have all the attention to herself-- no sharing with Leah today.  We picked Katie up and headed to a little French sandwich shop/bakery for lunch.  Later we went to Passionberri for dessert.  Hannah practiced her manners and had such a great time.  She especially loved the tour of Katie's sorority house.  
I'm so glad I got to spend some time with her alone.  


Ready to drive to Norman!

At Passionberri.  The sugar high was just kicking in.  

I tell my girls all the time how special they are to me.  I'll say, "You're exactly what I always wanted-- just the way you are!"  And how true that statement is.  I love them both for the things that make them each unique.  And I fall more in love with them each day.

My awesome little family of four.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely beautiful is your family?! I love how much detail you put in about your girls. I can tell just how much you adore them and just how special they are to you.

Maria Rose said...

How lucky they are to know that they have such an openly loving mother!

Emily said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!

Jacquelyn said...

HAHAHHA i love hannah's face in the last photo. perfect.

i love coy, sweet, spunky little baby b! :)