Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Week Later

I am finally emerging from nearly a full week of sickness.  The entire puke-fest started with Lucas last Tuesday.  He woke up at midnight and proceeded to vomit off and on until 4:00 am!  From this point on, our week was a downward spiral of sickness.  By Thursday night, I was throwing up.  Friday night Leah and Mike joined in on the fun too.  Hannah escaped with just a fever and stomach ache, but no actual puke.  The stomach bug we all caught lasted about 48 hours and came with a terrible fever too.  Fun times at the Galloway house! 

While we were all either throwing-up or laying under ten blankets shivering with fever, my house became a disaster area.  It looked like an episode of Hoarders in my bedroom/bathroom.  Seriously.  I had sorted out all the laundry on my bathroom floor the night before I got sick.  Then I didn't touch it for four days, but continued to add sheets, towels and such to the mess until my entire bathroom floor was covered.  I am finally making progress though!

Toward the end of the weekend, as we were all starting to feel a little better, we proceeded on with our plan to walk in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night fundraising walk.  We walked to support and honor two specific people:  my mom (who is a 30 year survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and our friends' son, Brock (who is currently battling Leukemia).  Thanks to so many generous friends and family, we personally raised over $500.  Our team, "Brock Rocks", ended up raising over $5,000 to go toward cancer research!  Woo hoo!

Here are some pics from our fun night:

Getting ready to walk

Cotton Candy Girls:  we took a risk with their freshly recovered stomachs, but they loved it!

Moving with the rest of the group

I hope you all are all healthy and doing well!

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Man alive! I am glad you are all on the upswing!