Sunday, April 5, 2009

Highlights and Updates

First off, sorry it has been over a week since I last blogged! I don't think anyone is shedding tears over this fact, but I just thought I'd say that anyway.


Second, here are some highlights of the last 10 days or so:

* Work has been busy: even though I only work 8 hours a week, I had a lot of high school students coming in to prepare for the ACT (which was 4/4/09). By the way, I work here.



* I had a doctor's appointment: I always enjoy hearing the baby's heartbeat. And I learned that at my April apointment I'll be doing the glucose screening. Yuck. Oh what we go through for these little beings....



* The girls had a dentist apointment: It was just a 6 month check up, but no cavaties, so hooray!



* Mike had two movie screenings to go to for their newest documentary called The Grandfathers: One was at Oklahoma Christian University and the other was at a local movie theater. He had to work late a few nights which made the week seem extra long.



* I helped my friend Nikki clean a 3600 sq. foot house: She's been cleaning this house for over six years, but like me, she is nearly six months pregnant and asked if I could help her out and she's split the check with me too! It's always nice to have some extra cash. I've been helping her every week since February, but next week is our last week. Two pregnant ladies look pretty funny cleaning together.



* I scored a few good deals this week: I'm fairly new to the couponing/CVSing/deal-seeking world, but I'm really trying to be better at saving money. Like this week I scored six big boxes of Kellog's cereal and two gallons of milk for $12.00! Some of my favorite blogs on the saving money topic are: Money Saving Mom, Deal Seeking Mom, and Christi's 2 Cents (OKC area).



* And finally, I leave you with a picture of two of the cutest little girls in the whole world (in my opinon!!) This was taken before church last Sunday. And I'm throwing it in there just because. =)



Any special highlights or updates from your last week?

3 comments:

Callie said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun week! Just thought you might want to check out this blog I follow every once in a while. It's a girl from my local area, she just recently started writing for our paper and but she's had her blog for a while! It the "Grocery Cart Challenge" www.grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com.
I'm not sure if that link worked or not but if you google it you'll find it.

Take Care

Callie

Maria Rose said...

I like the idea of two pregnant women working together. I feel like there should be pregnant lady conventions....just and idea.

Jacquelyn said...

wait. you haven't told me what happens during the glucose screening. ummm, MORE gross pregnancy stories?? yes, please. haha :)