Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

We've been in the thick fog of sickness here at our house this week.  Leah kicked it all off with a wicked upper-respiratory infection that warranted a trip to the doctor on Monday.  She was wheezing like crazy and running a high fever.  After our doctor visit, we started her on an antibiotic and are using our nebulizer ever four hours to help her breathe better.  Having a child with asthma (mild as it may be) is scary.  Things can go from bad to worse better quickly. Thankfully, though, she is doing much better, but....

She's passed it on to me I think.  I can feel it deep in my lungs when I breathe.  My head feels like it weighs as much as a few bowling balls piled up together and I'm sooooo, soooo tired. But I'm thankful that I do not have a fever and I do not have asthma to complicate things.  

My plan:
Get as much rest as possible
Take extra vitamin C (I'm having a few more glasses of my beloved orange juice each day)
Drink lots of water
And did I mention rest?  

I'm hoping this will go away before it gets any worse.  

Other things I can be thankful for:
Hannah and Mike are not sick
It is an absolutely beautiful day outside (86 degrees and sunny!)
My parents are taking the girls for a few hours this afternoon so I can take a nap!
This baby boy inside me is kicking like crazy

Ok, back to snuggling on my bed with my two favorite little girls in the world.
Is hope everyone else out there is feeling great!

No comments: