Thursday, February 6, 2014

Evidence of a Snow Day

Today is an official Snow Day. School was cancelled. The high temperature for the day is 18 degrees (really cold around these here parts). And the snow is the kind that packs down and gets really slippery. The original plans for today included: taking the kids to school, return some bath mats to Target (wrong color), take Roxie to the vet, go with Mike to a doctor's appointment, then pick the kids up and take Leah to gymnastics. Thankfully, our revised schedule includes: staying in our pj's, drinking hot chocolate, reading by the fire, a little Netflix, playing, drawing, baking and going no where! Yes!

The snowman Leah made all by herself yesterday as it started to fall.


My rosebush, bare and flowerless just waiting for spring.

Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for breakfast.

Roxie staying warm by the fire.

Leah engrossed in Littlest Pet Shop play.

Hannah still in her pj's. 
This girl insists on wearing summer pj's because she gets hot at night. Crazy girl!

A surprise gift I received in the mail today.
My cousin Phil's wife, Keri, sent me the most thoughtful gift and note. 
They live in North Carolina where Phil is a Green Beret in the Army and Keri is a pharmacist.
She had remembered me writing a Facebook post about my dry, chapped winter hands, so she sent me some lotions to help out. What really touched me was the note she sent:

"Emily,
The other day I saw your FB post about having chapped hands. I immediately thought about the last time I saw your Mom. When we were visiting that Christmas I was having the same issue. Your Mom ran and got a cream out of her purse for me to try. She thought this stuff was awesome. What she pulled out was the "Look Ma, New Hands!" lotion. I have been using it ever since. I also included a lotion that has worked miracle's on Phil's hands before. I hope one of the can give you some relief...chapped hands are the worst! I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day and God Bless! 
Sincerely,
Keri"

Somehow she knew how much I needed to hear a story about my mom today. I've been missing her a whole bunch this week-- with my birthday on Monday and with today being her and my dad's 44th wedding anniversary if was still with us.

Yep, it's been a good Snow Day. 

Hope you are staying warm wherever you are too!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Chiropractic Relief Plus said...

We have a Boxer, too.
Her name is Boots.
Nice family and great to know that you follow Christ!

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)