Friday, August 21, 2009

My Sleeping Boy

I was recently looking at some of our old photos of the girls when they were newborns and was reminded of just how many of the first pictures tend to be of sleeping babies. I guess I had forgotten just how much newborns snooze the day away. Looking over my pictures of Lucas so far, I see that the sleeping baby picture is in fact a classic. I have tons of them! I think they just look so cute and angelic that I can't help myself and snap photo after photo. Here's a sampling of my sleeping boy over the last four weeks!

Sleeping in the papasan chair.

Side sleeping with arms under the head. This was taken while he was also sleeping on the lights to help get rid of his jaundice.

I surrender to sleep!

Side sleeping with arms under the head again-- must be a favorite position.

For as much as Lucas sleeps during the day, he is actually a great sleeper at night too. He wakes up every three to four hours to eat and then we lay him back down and he just drifts right off. I am so thankful that he enjoys getting his zzzz's. I just wish I were getting more of them right now. I don't function well with little sleep. Seven hours is good for me, but eight or nine is optimum. This five or six hours a night is just not cutting it.
How many hours do you need each night to feel good the next day?

1 comment:

Heather@WoolandFlax said...

Oh, precious boy! I can't get over those cheeks! I just want to kiss them! I'm so glad he's a good sleeper, even though those interruptions can sure take their toll. I'm finding right now that I need a good nine hours to feel my best, but usually seven or eight is enough. Maybe my body is stocking up because it knows the sleep deprivation that's coming! Hang in there.