Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Things



Our front tree finally has leaves and the grass is turning green!


We spent the weekend planting petunias, geraniums, and begonias (not pictured).

My dad came over and helped us add a stone border to our front flower bed.

We sold our guest bed and moved in our first official piece of baby furniture: a glider. We've got our crib and changing table still to bring down from the attic. The room is currently a mess, but we're working toward being baby ready.

I've been in a baking mood lately, and today I decided simply upon some oatmeal bread. One of my favorites.
As you can see I've discovered some energy lately (yay!) and have felt more like my old productive self. I had another doctor's appointment last week and my doctor told me that we'd schedule my c-section 7-10 days before my due date of August 3rd. She looked at a calendar and mentioned July 24th or 25th as possible delivery days. That's just three months away from today! We've got so much to do, and May is looking so, so busy. We've got the girls' school music performance, tickets to The Lion King, a surprise party for some dear friends, the girls' ballet recital, and a short vacation in the works. Once June hits, I'm hoping to slow down and really take it easy. I have to remember that this baby will be just fine, whether we're officially "ready" or not! =)





3 comments:

Jenn said...

been doing some planing myself lately. love your stone border. and we're going to lion king too - taking coop for his b-day!

Mocha Mama 24 said...

Babies don't need much those first few weeks anyway. Poor Zeke is still in our bedroom and he's almost 6 mo. old! We only had 2 weeks notice before Elijah was born. Its still fun to think about though!!

Unknown said...

My uncle is the music director for the Lion King. My parents and brother are going, but I don't think we're going to get to go. Have a great time! I'm sure it will be incredible.