Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Clean Freaks Got Married

There are many definitions of "clean freak", so let me clarify what my problem is.  When I walk by a bedroom with an unmade bed my eye twitches a little.  I can't go to sleep at night if the kitchen is still a mess.  And as the setting sunlight pours through the windows of our west facing front door and I actually see the thin grey film of dust on our TV stand, I want to crawl into a hole somewhere and cry.  Mike is the same way.  But our methods of cleaning our house are as different as can be.  While I can deep clean our entire home in three hours (with no kids around that is), Mike will take an entire afternoon to clean our pantry.  He is slow, meticulous and organized in his method.  While I, on the other hand, turn into a mopping/dusting/windex-spraying tornado.  We both get the job done, but in different ways.  In a way we balance each other perfectly.  Perhaps when us two clean freaks got married, it was a match made in heaven.
  


I always start with my kitchen sink. Once that's done, I feel I can tackle the rest of the house.

Some of my cleaning arsenal. Not pictured: Swiffer mop. I heart my Swiffer mop.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

No wonder I like you! Though this would be only one of the reasons! Thanks for not letting me feel my OCD tendencies alone!! :) Though Mike might teach Ryan a few things!

Jenbeagles11 said...

Unmade beds, streaks on the glass, sticky spots on the floor.....I feel ya sister. I am the same way. There is nothing more therapeutic than a clean house. Brian does not share my love for cleaning,but he has made great strides in our 7 years married.